Saturday, September 17, 2011

Finally did it



On Thursday night, my mother called, and when she called I told her that she would have to speak to my friend and assistant Lisa, because I couldn't come up to the cottage anymore when Dad was so close to having his chemo. When asked to explain why, I told her the truth, which is that I can no longer handle being the target of Dad's mood swings no matter how justified they may be. I also told her that I could no longer tolerate being constantly told that I need to be more tolerant of Dad and whatever else she thinks I'm doing wrong. As I said in a previous post, this last trip there was particularly hellish, and I simply can't go through that again.

My mother's response was to do what she usually does, which is to not validate my feelings and make it sound as though I'm the one with the problem and she and the rest of the family are perfect. That only makes me me more determined to stick to what I told her. I'm tired of being disrespected.

1 comment:

  1. Love you. Glad you stood up for yourself but I am very sad you be missing on time with your dad cause your family refuse To treat you as you deserve. ((((((((Millie))))))

    ReplyDelete